Friday, November 7, 2008

Words -> Action

So, I decided I want to try to post a new blog daily. Hopefully this won't be in the "epic failure" category...you know, along with losing 10 pounds by summer...I gained about 10 since I said that instead...at the very least 5.

Shocking, I know. Anyway, today was Thursday. And on Thursdays, I have leadership for one of the churches I'm involved in. Tonight, because it was the first Thursday of the month, was what we call a "M:X" or "mission" night. Basically, leadership gets split up into two groups: the L:X (leaders/those who mentor) and the LIT's (leaders-in-training/those who don't mentor/"mentorees"). The LIT's meet at the church and the L:X's go to Pastor's house.

Tonight was amazing. Where do I start? Ok, so if you've read my other blogs-or at least my first one-you know that I've been a Christian pretty much my entire life. Most of that time has been spent in one charasmatic-or pentecostal-church or another. When I was younger, it was all about Brownsville. I read Aimee Semple McPherson's autobiography This is That when I was about ten years old. I've been singing, "people get ready, Jesus is comin'" for the past...oh man...eleven years now? Maybe longer...Anyway, tonight at leadership we watched an interview of Kim Walker. That woman is incredible. Truly annointed and inspiring. Then we had an intense time of prayer and worship. Jesus Culture played, then Misty Edwards. The song People Get Ready started playing. http://www.rhapsody.com/mistyedwards/relentless/peoplegetready If you haven't heard it, check it out. So, I was worshipping and praying and suddenly I stopped. I felt the need to stop and look around. God reminded me of all the other times I'd sung the words, "people get ready, Jesus is coming", and all the people I'd sung it with. Every time, over the last eleven years, we'd meant it. Every time, over the last eleven years, a declaration had been made that we would make a difference. We would reach the lost. We would start a revolution in our city. It was going to happen. It never did. See, we had the talk. We'd walk the walk half way. But, nothing much ever changed. Nothing ever really happened. My city is still full of people who are headed to Hell in an ignorant hand basket. But tonight...it was different. Tonight, people sang it with every fiber of their beings. They meant it. Words were being put into action even as they left the mouth. It was encouraging. Powerful. Inspiring. Most definitely a God thing. Kind of like that sky at the beginning of my entry. xD

So, here's to new beginnings. And old words finding their meanings. And words being put into action even as they leave the mouth.



much love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good good good......